I went on my first real bike ride today – and my legs feel like Jell-O! I definitely think it will be a good addition to my exercise routine. I finished with a green monster for breakfast.
Our kitchen is currently a disaster. No dishwasher means if I don’t stay on top of the dishes I get overwhelmed and then it turns into what it is now. Not pretty! However I did manage to make something to eat (besides a hotdog) yesterday. We had a Quinoa salad. It is not quite as good as this one here. But was definitely good. Hubby loved it as it is almost gone – he even took it for his dinner at work today. This would definitely be a good work lunch recipe as you can make it the night before (and while taste even better if you do).
Spicy Black & White Bean Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup rinsed quinoa
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium diced cucumbers
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- Juice of one Lime
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Bring quinoa to a boil with enough water to cover by 1 inch and a pinch of salt. Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until all water is absorbed and quinoa is light and fluffy. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork
- Dressing: In a bowl, whisk together oil, lime juice, vinegar, garlic, chili powder, coriander, oregano, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl mix quinoa, black beans, great northern beans, cucumber, onion, jalapeño pepper and cilantro; pour dressing over top and stir gently to combine.
Source: adapted from vegangela